Who We Are: Reed Group is a dynamic, fast growing organization that works in a niche industry most commonly known as Third Party Administration. We are known for being a leader in managing absences for major companies including Fortune 100 companies. More specifically, instead of employers managing the process when an employee needs to go out on leave for FMLA (the family medical leave act) or for Short Term or Long Term Disability, we handle it for them. As a result we have a large customer operations team of talented individuals who manage our client’s employee cases.
We build the software (we have a large group of developers) to manage the entire work flow which is why you could easily think of us as a technology company. We also have a content business called MDGuidelines that contains treatment recommendations for best managing an employee back to work.
Right now we are over 1,900 employees (and growing daily).
The Reed Group Mission: We are about helping people get back to work. Often, this means helping people through difficult times in their lives. We help doctors do their best for their patients and we help employees protect their jobs. Our mission is: We believe there's a better way to help employers increase productivity, improve healthcare quality and help employees back to productive life.
Our Service Center is looking for energetic people who are compassionate and caring, and bring their heart to work every day. You'll need to be good at thinking on your feet, and at helping people who are making major life decisions. You'll find yourself working with a committed group of colleagues who are not afraid of hard work or rapid change, who are eager to share ideas and passionate about helping people. We go home every day knowing that the work we do matters – we make a difference in people's lives.
What You'd Be Doing, Aka Essential Functions
• Help people through the logistics and real-world concerns of managing their leave of absence from work
• Answer incoming calls to the Service center from people who need help with their leaves of absence
• After training, support callers by serving as a subject matter expert on a variety of leaves of absence
• Initiate new leave cases in our software system
• Identify and expedite priority issues
• Perform work under direct supervision, continuing to gain knowledge about disability/leaves management to improve ability to take on more complex responsibilities
• Manage some leave paperwork as needed
• Team with Nurse Case Managers and Leave Specialists, especially on complex cases
• Attend department meetings and company meetings.
• Other duties as required.
• Compassion, diplomacy, good judgment, professionalism, and intelligence
• Strong typing skills and basic computer skills: email and Microsoft Office are especially useful
• Yes, we'll consider you without higher education; intelligence and the ability to learn on the job are just as important to us as a college degree
• 1 or more years experience in customer service are a plus
• Knowledge of Disability Management, FMLA, and Workers Compensation a plus, as is a background in insurance or health care.
• Must complete the certified customer service training within 90 days of hire (this is paid training.)
• Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills and a positive attitude
• Well organized, able to multi-task and identify priorities
• Must possess a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
• Must be able to speak and understand English (fluently); candidates who are bilingual English/Spanish also desired
• We welcome disabled applicants