Who We Are: Reed Group is a dynamic, fast growing organization that works in a niche industry most commonly known as Third Party Administration. We are known for being a leader in managing absences for major companies including Fortune 100 companies. More specifically, instead of employers managing the process when an employee needs to go out on leave for FMLA (the family medical leave act) or for Short Term or Long Term Disability, we handle it for them. As a result we have a large customer operations team of talented individuals who manage our client’s employee cases.
We build the software (we have a large group of developers) to manage the entire work flow which is why you could easily think of us as a technology company. We also have a content business called MDGuidelines that contains treatment recommendations for best managing an employee back to work.
Right now we are over 1,900 employees (and growing daily).
The Reed Group Mission: We are about helping people get back to work. Often, this means helping people through difficult times in their lives. We help doctors do their best for their patients and we help employees protect their jobs. Our mission is: We believe there's a better way to help employers increase productivity, improve healthcare quality and help employees back to productive life.
The Short Term Disability Case Manager administers our client's disability benefit programs in addition to the Federal, State and Client Company leave policies. This position ensures compliance and proper documentation in regard to all applicable laws, regulations, and plans, including HIPAA, FMLA, and all individual State Leave Acts, Military, and Company Sponsored Leave Programs. The case manager will use expertise related to the regulatory and legal requirements for employee benefit programs to employers and employees, and perform other functions as required to maintain customer service and performance standards.
• Compassion, diplomacy, good judgment, professionalism, and intelligence
• Strong typing skills and basic computer skills: email and Microsoft Office are especially useful
• Yes, we'll consider you without higher education; intelligence and the ability to learn on the job are just as important to us as a college degree
• 1 or more years experience in customer service are a plus
• Knowledge of Disability Management, FMLA, and Workers Compensation a plus, as is a background in insurance or health care.
• Must complete the certified customer service training within 90 days of hire (this is paid training.)
• Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills and a positive attitude
• Well organized, able to multi-task and identify priorities
• Must possess a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
• Must be able to speak and understand English (fluently); candidates who are bilingual English/Spanish also desired
• We welcome disabled applicants